Wed, 22 Jun|
West Ashling & Funtington District Hall
Beginners Scentwork UK Course (Levels 1-3)
Does your dog love to sniff? This 5 week course will kickstart your scentwork. Suitable for complete beginners and those already doing SWUK 1-3. Please read full details below.
Time & Location
22 Jun 2022, 13:00 – 14:00
West Ashling & Funtington District Hall, Southbrook Rd, West Ashling, Chichester PO18 8DR
About the Event
PLEASE READ: The first session is humans only. I'll give you a fun and interactive introduction to scentwork, how dogs sniff, how to mark and reward your dog, how we use trained odours, and you'll watch an experienced dog perform a demo search. The theory is really useful and it will help to build your foundations!
Train under the UK's most popular sniffer dog syllabus - Scentwork UK (Levels 1-3). Suitable for any dog over 4 months old.
During the course we will cover:
- How to teach your dog to search
- Motivation and rewards
- How to use and 'imprint' your dog on training odours
- Indication (the behaviour the dog gives for when they find their target odour)
- What's needed to progress through the 8 Levels of Scentwork UK
- And most importantly - the chance to have fun and bond with your dog!
Dogs work individually so nervous/reactive dogs are welcome. Classes are held indoors in a low-distraction, safe, village hall environment. You will be in a small group.
🐾 I don't run beginner courses very often so now is your chance to book on 😊
SWUK Foundation Class 22 June£60.00